Saturday, January 2, 2010

Oh my stinky 2...

So we just started feeding our sweet baby girl real food (i.e. stuff other than milk or rice cereal)...
I had been looking forward to starting solids for a while! I have always wanted to make my own baby food so I couldn't wait to get started! Well I've come to learn one drawback to feeding your little one "real" food... Their poop takes a major turn for the worse!!!
I had always heard that breastfed babies had a lot less stinky poop than formula fed babies... and I have to say my little girl's poop wasn't THAT smelly! Don't get me wrong, it wasn't roses, but it was a lot better than what I thought it would be. (I am really sensitive to smells... I was probably a hound dog in my other life cause I can sniff clues & stuff)
Anyhoo... So a few days into feeding the baby her first food (butternut squash)... She dropped the motherload in her diaper!!! Thank goodness my sweet hubs had taken the week off & was home cause I went to change her diaper & as soon as I unfastened the sides I started gagging!! {I thought mothers were supposed to be impervious to their little one's poopie diapers?!}... well that's a lie!
It took two days of sweet hubs changing all the poopie diapers before I had built up my smell tolerance to get through a changing without throwing up in my mouth at little! :-x
Ugh! I was actually ThisClose to switching to cloth diapers but after the poops I've come across the last few days there's no way I want to deal with that any longer than I have to!... {Sorry Mother Earth but you'll just have to deal with my daughter's stinky diapers in your landfills for a few more years!}


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment