Wednesday, September 14, 2011

What I'm Obsessed with (Fall Fashion Edition)...

So this post has just about been the death of me! I don't even want to think about how long I worked on this yesterday and today but some kind of glitch with Blogspot & all the pics on this post didn't click well & I lost ALL my work! I was about to have a nervous breakdown!... But I slept on it, started working again & cross my fingers & toes, it will work this time!... Because this is "What I'm Obsessed with (FALL FASHION EDITION) *hooray!!!!! :)

I LOOOOOOOOVE THIS TIME OF YEAR!!!!!!... The cool breeze in the air, the mums on display at the flower shops, the pumpkin-flavored everything showing up in stores... I HEART it all!! From about now until the end of December is my peak time of year! Soft sweaters, big scarves, & boots are my absolute FAVORITE things to wear so I can't wait to start unpacking all my cold weather clothes! (hopefully I'll be able to get that done this weekend!)

It was about 60 degrees in Nashville this morning & I got to wear my Uggs for the 1st time this season & that alone made me happy! I undoubtedly LIVE in my Uggs all fall & winter long and they have been well worth the splurge because I have definitely gotten some mileage out of those bad boys!


So in kicking off my Fall Fashion Obsessions, what better place to start than with the new, updated version of my beloved Uggs...


1. The Bailey Button Triplet-


Nothing better & more cozy than a pair of Uggs!... I'm hoping Santa will bring me the Ugg house shoes this year! :-)


2. Blazers-


If you know me, then this is no surprise... I LOVE a good blazer! It is just one of my many closet staples! This season's "little black blazer" is NAVY and menswear inspired.. which couldn't make me happier! Such a great piece that can be wore with a TON of different looks & is totally timeless, in my opinion!... :)


My fav Navy Blazer look is with jeans, a white tank or striped tee & the sleeves pushed up! But no matter how you wear it, you can't go wrong!...

I also DO NOT "blazer discriminate!" So bring on the khaki, black & grey version too! There is a home in my closet for all of you!! ;-)







3.Rose Gold- Ahhhh, rose gold! Yellow gold's sweeter & softer sister, how I adore thee!...



The only thing missing from my watch collection (at the moment) is a rose gold stunner! I swoon over this navy-faced Michael Kors!...



AND this double-wrap one too!...






To me, there is NOT a better pairing at the moment than navy & rose gold! It is undeniably chic! And a sweet update to traditional navy & yellow gold!... But you don't have to just stop at watches! The Rose Gold possibilities are endless!...





Aren't these stackable bangles gorgeous! I want them all!... but especially love the rose gold "Hope" & "Miracles Happen" ones...


4. Boyfriend shirt-

So I love just about anything "menswear-inspired"... watches, jeans, sweaters... and the latest Boyfriend Shirt is no exception!


This season's version is made from more ladylike fabrics, like the silk one from Victoria's Secret pictured above. I am still on the hunt for my boyfriend shirt, because let's be honest, just the thought of wearing silk makes my underarms sweat so I need to find one with a different fabric choice! ;-)



5. High waisted jeans-


In my world, high waisted ANYTHING has never really "gone out of style," but I have to say, I am thrilled that I am seeing more high waisted jeans in the mix this season! Pair them with your boyfriend shirt or fitted blazer & you're good to go! :)

6. Wrap/Open Cardigans-



Ahhh, the wrap cardigan!... This little number with jeans or leggings & my Uggs are my cold weather uniform! I'm not gonna say how many of these I have... but I WILL say they are FABULOUS at camouflaging those last few pounds of baby belly bump I have in my tummy area! :)

7.Faux Fur-

So I have yet to find my "perfect" faux fur vest... I searched high & low last season and never found one that a) didn't cost as much as a kidney, b) was the right length for a girl of 5'2 such as myself and c) didn't look like a wild creature died on my back... :(




I LOVE the one RZ is wearing in the picture above if it was only a foot shorter and about $400 cheaper for me... ;-)



Would have NEVER thought to pair it with plaid, but love this look!...

Also, love the all black on Ms. Palermo above... (that clutch is heavenly too!)


I also ADORE this faux fur collar pieces below... but let's be honest, I have absolutely no where THAT fancy to go... I just love this outfit so much I wanted to include it :)

8. Tweed-





Oh Tweed, how I heart thee!... Is there anything more ladylike than a tweed jacket? NOPE!... well that is unless its a Chanel Tweed jacket!... *sigh*


9. Leopard Accessories-


Really, is there anything MORE versitale than leopard print?! I don't think so...
If you're the type of person who is afraid of animal print, nothing is easier to wear than leopard! The only rule is to incorporate it in small doses!


The easiest & safest way is by a leopard scarf...




And last but not least...


10. Bold-hued shoes-



This season it's all about the jewel-tones shoes! Think deep purple, emerald green, sapphire, etc. in suede!




I've ALWAYS been a "pop-of-color-in-the-shoes" kinda girl (especailly since my wardrobe mostly consists of black, gray, white & navy), but I am LOVING all the jewel-toned shoes out this season! There is something SO CHIC about a little black dress or black dress pants & a fun colored shoe! :) LOVE. LOVE. LOVE...



And it doesn't have to be JUST heels! There are TONS of pretty-colored flats too!...


Well, there you have it folks!!!!! My FAVORITE FALL FASHION OBSESSIONS!

And if I haven't already loaded you down with TONS of pictures...here's a few more...

Some of my favorite go-to Fall looks to get you inspiried... :)
























So are you ready for fall yet???


I know I'm ready for bed after the DRAMA this post has put me through! :) Good thing I'm slightly obsessed with fashion & I was bond & determinded to get this post done! :)


Stay turned in the next few weeks for "What I'm Obsessed with" (Fall nail polish) and (Drugstore beauty products) :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment